Attn: Indigenous Consultants and Contractors
The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) is the umbrella association for the 25 Friendship Centres throughout the Province of British Columbia. Our mission is to advance the Friendship Centre Movement in BC through advocacy and the delivery of programs and services that support the growth and prosperity of our member centers and urban Indigenous people.
The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) is seeking proposals for development of two resources to be developed to support the BCAAFC and member Friendship Centres (FCs).
Scope of Project: Board Governance Manual & Training Guide
- Manual specific to the BCAAFC Board of Directors
- Review previous draft board of directors manual, update and refresh to reflect best standards for board governance, and reflecting the goals and vision of the BCAAFC
- Training modules and manual for onboarding of new FC Boards including
- Supporting successful FCs
- *We would like an option to include online training modules to be developed as part of this project.
Timeline for this project:
- BCAAFC Board Governance Manual Timelines
- Select successful contract – February 25th, 2023
- Draft Table of Contacts – summary of topics – May 2023 Board Meeting
- Draft manual to present to membership – June 2023 Board Meeting
- Final version of BCAAFC Board Manual for submission – November 2023
- Board Training Modules and Manual for BC Friendship Centres
- Select successful contract – March 2nd, 2023
- Draft layout of training modules – June 2023
- Draft version of training Modules – November 2023
- Finalized training modules – February 2024
- RFPs will be reviewed and evaluated based on:
- If they are an Indigenous organization (35%)
- Samples of past work (20%)
- Proven success with similar companies and projects (20%)
- Innovative ideas for work (10%)
While all BC based consultants and contracts are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to experienced, Indigenous owned, operated and staffed organizations/businesses.
Please submit your proposals including to Julie Robertson, General Manager at email@example.com by February 23rd, 2023