RFP#MWBPS.MUKWA WAAKAA’IGAN BUSINESS PLAN SERVICES
Suppliers will be provided the complete acquisition document(s) (mandatory for submission) by emailing [email protected]
Suppliers can find the complete acquisition document(s) on MERX.com.
Suppliers can find the acquisition Notice with instructions on how to obtain document(s) on NationTalk.ca
Algoma University (AU)
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 2G4
Gurmeet Singh Sachdev
Open acquisition whereby all interested Suppliers may submit a Proposal.
Description of Services:
This Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is an invitation by Algoma University to prospective Proponents to submit a Proposal for Strategic Business Plan and Consulting Services to guide the development of Algoma University’s Mukwa Waakaa’igan strategic plan, a cross cultural centre of excellence.
The consultant will provide services in relation to the development of a three-year plan, multi-campus inclusive and shall include the following:
• Review and assess recent and current institutional planning documents with the goal of aligning such to the institutional strategic plan, Special Mission and Indigenization, EDI, Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre (SRSC)
• An environmental scan of strategic plans of similar organizations in scope and vision
• Engagement with internal/external groups to identify opportunities for programming, services, outreach and partnerships in cross cultural teaching and learning
• Key programming and services provided in Mukwa Waakaa’igan
• Internal services and programming
• External facing services and programming
• Identify areas for partnership with external patterns (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation (NCTR), museum/archival organizations)
• Business model
o Revenue generation opportunities (continuing education, training & development, SRSC education programming)
o Fee for services (internal & external)
o Funding opportunities (grants, etc.)
o Multi-year strategic plan
o Implementation plan including staffing model
All submissions must be emailed to AU Contact by the Submission Date/Time listed in the RFP Timetable below.
Thursday July, 28, 2022 by 2:00:00 p.m. (ET)
All times noted are Eastern Time Zone (ET). The RFP timetable is tentative only and may be changed by Algoma University at any time. All times are according to the Contact Persons’ computer clock.
Conditions for Participation:
Stage I will consist of a review to determine which Proposals comply with all of the Specific Requirements, if applicable. Proponent must answer ‘YES’ to all of these requirements in order to proceed to Stage II.
Mandatory Requirements –
1. Proponent must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in business planning processes, with a preference for demonstrated experience in the higher education sector.
2. Proponent must have a minimum of five (5) years experience working together with Indigenous communities, racialized individuals, and marginalized groups with an equity, diversity and inclusion approach.
3. Proponent must have a cyber security system and plan currently in place for the safe and secure sharing and storage of information between itself and its clients.
Mandatory Submission Requirements:
Other than inserting the information requested on the mandatory submission forms set out in the RFP, a Proponent should not make any changes to any of the forms. Proponents submitting Proposals that do not meet the mandatory requirements will be provided an opportunity prior to the rectification date to rectify deficiencies identified in the Rectification Process.
6.1.2 Submission Form (Appendix 1)
Each Proposal should include a Submission Form completed and signed by an authorized representative of the Proponent.
6.1.3 Rate Bid Form (Appendix 2)
Each Proponent must include a completed Rate Bid Form according to the instructions contained in Appendix 2 and any related form(s).
6.1.4 Form of Agreement (Appendix 3)
Each Proponent should read a copy of Algoma University’s provided form of agreement as per Appendix 3 instructions, in a separate file.
6.1.5 Reference Form (Appendix 4)
Each Proponent should complete the Reference Form and include it with their Proposal.
6.1.6 Mandatory and Rated Requirements Questionnaire (Appendix 5)
Each Proponent must complete the Mandatory and Rated Requirements Questionnaire and include it with their Proposal. Questionnaires are evaluated comparatively based on the responses provided. Proponents should provide complete answers to questions within their questionnaire. Supporting documentation referenced by the Proponent in their questionnaire will not be evaluated. Submissions of the completed questionnaire file must be in Excel only.
6.1.7 Rectification Process
The rectification process will be limited to only allowing rectification of the following components of a Proponent’s Proposal:
1. Appendix 1 – Only to confirm Signature and Proponent Information provided;
2. Appendix 2 – Missing component of pricing;
3. Appendix 3 – Only to confirm Proponent Agreement comments included;
4. Appendix 4 – Only to confirm Reference Information provided.
Proposals satisfying the mandatory requirements before the rectification date will proceed to Stage I Rated Requirements. Proposals failing to satisfy the mandatory requirements will be excluded from further consideration.
Complete submission requirements are provided within the acquisition document(s).
Scored Submission Requirements:
Proponents that “Pass” Stage I – Specific Requirements will move on to Stage II. Proponents that do not “pass” (answer “yes” to all criteria) will not move on to Stage II. The following is an overview of the categories and weighting for the rated criteria to be used in Stages II and III of the RFP.
Proponents who do not meet a minimum total rated score of 60% in Stage II will not be considered to proceed to Stage III of the evaluation process.
A maximum of three (3) of the highest scoring Proposals from Stage II may advance to Stage III. If the 4th place Proposal (if applicable) is within one (1) point of the 3rd place Proposal, then the 4th place Proposal may also move on to Stage III.
All vendors that are considered for Stage III will move on to Stage IV.
Rated Criteria Category Weighting (Points)
Stage II: Rated Requirements 55
1. Experience and Qualifications of the Company 13
1. Expertise of Lead and Team Members 10
1. Approach and Methodology 17
1. Alignment to AU’s Special Mission and EDI Charter 10
1. Risk Assessment Plan 2
1. Value Added Incentives/ Ideas 1
1. Accessibility (AODA) and Sustainability 2
Stage III: Presentation 20
Rate Bid Submission
Total Points 100
This procurement is covered by Chapter 5 of the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA).
Duration of Agreement:
Algoma University expects that this service will commence on August 31, 2022 (estimated).
The term of the Agreement is to be for a period of up to eight (8) months, with an option for Algoma University to extend the Agreement on the same terms and conditions for an additional term of up to eight (8) months, for a total Agreement term not to exceed sixteen (16) months.
At the end of the evaluation process, AU may identify one or more Suppliers with whom it wishes to enter into negotiations, by written notification. See acquisition document(s) for further detail.
Responses must be submitted in English.
Suppliers should note that information contained within this Acquisition Notice is subject to change. Suppliers must request the acquisition document(s) from [email protected] which contain the most current information.
If there is a conflict between the acquisition document(s) and this Acquisition Notice, the acquisition document(s) will take precedence.