Ministry of Children and Family Development
6 Auxiliary positions Available – As and When, On Call
Child Case Worker
Salary: $54,414.97 – $62,042.70 annually ($29.80 – $33.98 hourly)
The Children and Youth with Complex Care Needs (CYCCN) is a program of Provincial Services Division of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) and provides residential, non-residential, outreach and ancillary services through intervention and stabilization plans for children and youth with Complex Care Needs. This centre is a non-smoking workplace.
The CYCCN target population consists of children and youth in British Columbia in the care of the Director under Child and Family Community Services Act (CFCSA) with significant behavioural, developmental, trauma related as well as psychiatric difficulties, ages 7 to 18 who require significant intervention and are unable to reside in community or home.
As a Child Case Worker, you will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary Residential Care Stabilization and Intervention Team. In coordination with the CYCCN Outreach Clinician and/or the Program Psychologist and other agency professionals as well as community agencies and professionals, you will provide a range of treatment services, including: behavioral stabilization and intervention (using Applied Behavioral Analysis) and provide as needed education to children, youth and families..
In this role, you will be required to work a variety of shifts covering the 24 hour period the unit is in operation – all patterns include overnight shifts.
– Are required to work in close proximity to potentially aggressive, violent or otherwise unpredictable youth.
– Auxiliary staff are required to be on call and fully available.
– Must have a valid unrestricted valid class 5 BC driver’s license and may be required to use own vehicle on an expense account basis. The vehicle must be maintained in good and safe working condition with appropriate insurance.
– Good physical fitness and ability to perform a wide range of physical activities including restraints.
Qualifications for this role include:
- BSW, BA (Psychology), Bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Care, or comparable degree at Bachelors level
- Minimum three years clinical experience working in a clinical setting (such as child and youth mental health services, hospital settings, Maples Residential Services etc.)
- Minimum of six months experience in a residential setting.
For more information on this opportunity including how to apply online by December 18th 2016, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=37269