Key West Roofing Ltd. located in Surrey, BC is in business since 2011. We provide quality roofing services for projects across the Lower Mainland. We handle jobs of all sizes and our team is fully insured. We specialize in quality roof systems from energy efficient tile roofs, to cost-effective shingle roofs or torch-on, we install the best roofing system as per customer needs. Currently, we are hiring one full-time “Roofer” for our growing team.
Company: Key West Roofing Ltd.
Company Location: 7533 143 St Surrey BC – V3W 5P2
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Salary: $28.00 – 30.00 per hour (based on skills and experience)
Number of positions: 1
Start date: As soon as possible
Work locations: Various locations in Lower Mainland
Work Setting: The candidate should be willing to work during the day or evening or on weekends if required.
Work Conditions: Candidates should be able to lift weight (50lbs), able to work on heights. Should be willing to work outdoors, rain or shine.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions.
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level.
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs, and seal the seams.
- Cut roofing paper to size using knives, and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials.
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, determining a distance of roofing material overlap.
- Set up the barrier, scaffolding, and any other measures necessary to provide safe access to roofs.
- Coat top layers to make a smooth finish or embed gravel in the mod-bit for rough surfaces.
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings.
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools.
- Completion of Secondary school
- Completion of a 2-3-year apprenticeship program or over 3 years’ experience in the trade
- Trade certification will be an additional asset but not mandatory
- Ability to work long hours and early mornings as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Roofer” in the subject line. Candidates can also mail their resume at 7533 143 St Surrey BC – V3W 5P2
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates who most closely match our requirements will be contacted for the hiring process.
Key West Roofing Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer!