Date: Jan 25, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
39873 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Participate in the development and review of distribution and transmission evidence for filing with the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) in support of HONI’s multi-year Tx and Dx applications for rates, generic OEB proceedings and other applications.
- Work with other departments in the development of their evidence ensuring consistency with past proceedings, OEB codes and guidelines and Hydro One’s current business plan.
- Participate in the development and review of interrogatory and undertaking responses and the development and review of Hydro One Argument and Reply Argument for filing with the OEB in support of HONI’s multi-year Tx and Dx applications for rates, generic OEB proceedings and other applications.
- Assist in the running of Hydro One’s witness training program through the preparation of questions and attendance at witness training sessions.
- Participate in the development of positions and prepare position papers and submission, in accordance with policy and strategic direction provided by the Supervisor, for regulatory and other hearings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory initiatives in the Province of Ontario.
- Keep abreast of Government and the Ontario Energy Board policies related to the electricity industry and its impact on Distributors and/or Transmitters.
- Assist in the implementation and customer/stakeholder education activities related to OEB applications.
- Review and prepare summaries of other utility applications and decisions by other utilities and regulatory tribunals where relevant to Hydro One.
- Provide advice and guidance to Lines of Business relating to regulatory policies and strategies, OEB codes and policies and application timelines.
- Establishing a comprehensive understanding of all OEB related legislation, licenses and codes and act as the subject matter expert within Regulatory Affairs in specific areas, including providing interpretation and ensuring all the necessary processes and products are in place to ensure compliance.
- Work with business planning, financial reporting and other departments to gather, analyze and interpret financial information.
- Requires a university degree in engineering, finance, or business.
- CPA/CMA or CFA considered an asset.
- Requires knowledge of finance and engineering principles to develop interrogatories, undertakings and arguments associated with transmission and/or distribution and other regulatory proceedings.
- Requires experience with planning and consultation to provide advice on regulatory issues.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to provide effective evidence, reports, presentations and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong excel skills, financial modeling, able to conduct variance analysis and reconcile financial information.
- Requires experience with the Company’s business planning processes and financial outputs, and reporting, and analysis.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of the following computer tools: Excel, Access, Word and Power Point to produce pre-filed evidence, interrogatory responses, undertakings and briefing materials for witnesses.
- Requires a good knowledge of computer technology to provide analysis and evidence on reports.
- Requires experience in the electricity industry in Ontario and the Distribution and/or Transmission functions.
- Requires experience with the regulatory process in Ontario through participation in evidence preparation or review of Hydro One rate or generic applications before the OEB.
- Requires experience in the electricity industry in Ontario and the Distribution and/or Transmission functions
- Requires an understanding of the Company’s objectives and how these relate to the Hydro One’s multi-year cost of service and other applications to the OEB.
- Requires experience with OEB codes and guidelines applicable to electric utilities.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: November 23, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.